Blog Archive

12.16.2010

One Word

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

Well I have two weeks of #reverb10 topics to catch up on, so I guess I better get started...Wrapping up 2010 in one word has not been the most difficult thing, simply because this year has been one of the few that have changed me as a person, as well as my family. Not only have money problems been an issue unlike anything I'm used to, but I also went from basically slacking off (in school, and in life) to working harder than I ever have in my life. So this years' 'One Word' has to be Work. No fancy metaphor for it, it is what it is, work. Hard work. Making me a stronger person, I have just recently embraced the change and chalked it up to growth.
This time next year, I would like for my word to be puzzle. I want the pieces to come together in my life. In every facet, I want growth and prosperity for myself and my family. Maybe it will be a struggle, or maybe everything will finally come together. I feel like 23 is my year. Jordan-like.

I love the way the blog is starting out, reflecting on the previous year and revealing who I am as a person. I say that because oftentimes we forget that there's a face behind every website we read. The idea for all of these sites were cultivated by (initially) one person and I would like to share with you the person behind the website.

I have a lot of topics to cover, so it's on to the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment