Blog Archive

1.16.2011

Achieve


What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
The thing that I most want to achieve this year is to pass all my classes and not have to repeat any, which could possibly delay my 2012 graduation. To do this, everything I have has to go into taking my classes seriously and making sure I do everything I can to keep my grades up. Anything that gets in the way has to take a backseat. Period. These next two semesters are critical, because I'm getting into my senior year (I still can't believe it) and after they're done, I just have one more, hopefully easy, semester and I'll be ready to walk across that stage. So this year, after I pass all these classes, it will be 5 years of accumulated weight being lifted off of my shoulders and I will be able to breathe a little easier. Free, would be a great way to describe it; something that I don't necessarily feel now. Being in college has made me feel less free, and not the other way around, as most people usually describe it. But that's an idea for another blog post. 


I hate lists, but I'll give this one a try...


  1. Spend more time outside 
  2. Run more
  3. Spend less time in the house
  4. Get to know more people
  5. Cultivate the relationships I have now
  6. Positive affirmations (I hear they actually work)
  7. Engage in small talk with strangers
  8. Stay in faith
  9. Keep listening to amazing music
  10. Keep my friends close

No comments:

Post a Comment